List of open questions
This is a list of open questions involving the research of wikis.
- Computer Vision to categorize Wikimedia Commons images (example of Python code, it requires )
- Assure long-term preservation of references in articles, using services as Internet Archive or WebCitation (as requested for them)
- Recommender systems for users: tools that offer tasks to do based on mining past user edits.
- What is the community size of wikisphere wikis?  (a dataset of wikisphere wikis basic parameters?)
- Research on Wikipedia sister projects: little is known.
- Research on Wikipedias other than English one.
- Research on other wiki communities and wikifarms.
- Add an open question here...
- Automatic tagged vandalism corpus (with minimal human work): there are some vandalism corpora but they have been manually created using the Amazon's Mechanical Turk. The two biggest ones have about 30,000 classified edits. Only in English Wikipedia, over 200,000 edits are done each day. If we find a method for automatic classification of edits as 'vandalism' or 'regular', using the edit metadata info and users historical behaviour, we can build a bigger one.