Lifting the veil: improving accountability and social transparency in Wikipedia with wikidashboard
|Lifting the veil: improving accountability and social transparency in Wikipedia with wikidashboard|
|Author(s)||Bongwon Suh, Ed H. Chi, Aniket Kittur, Bryan A. Pendleton|
|Article||BASE, CiteSeerX, Google Scholar|
|Web||Ask, Bing, Google (PDF), Yahoo!|
|Download and mirrors|
|Local copy||Not available|
|Export and share|
|BibTeX, CSV, RDF, JSON|
|Browse properties · List of publications|
Lifting the veil: improving accountability and social transparency in Wikipedia with wikidashboard is a 2008 publication written in English by Bongwon Suh, Ed H. Chi, Aniket Kittur, Bryan A. Pendleton.
Wikis are collaborative systems in which virtually anyone can edit anything. Although wikis have become highly popular in many domains, their mutable nature often leads them to be distrusted as a reliable source of information. Here we describe a social dynamic analysis tool called WikiDashboard which aims to improve social transparency and accountability on Wikipedia articles. Early reactions from users suggest that the increased transparency afforded by the tool can improve the interpretation, communication, and trustworthiness of Wikipedia articles.
- This section requires expansion. Please, help!
Cited byThis publication has 4 citations. Only those publications available in WikiPapers are shown here:
- Design Alternatives for a MediaWiki to Support Collaborative Writing in Higher Education Classes
- Design Mechanisms for MediaWiki to Support Collaborative Writing in a Mandatory Context
- Interlinking journal and wiki publications through joint citation: Working examples from ZooKeys and Plazi on Species-ID
- Visualizing author contribution statistics in Wikis using an edit significance metric