Is Wikipedia Inefficient? Modelling Effort and Participation in Wikipedia
|Is Wikipedia Inefficient? Modelling Effort and Participation in Wikipedia|
|Author(s)||Kevin Crowston, Nicolas Jullien, Felipe Ortega|
|Published in||HICSS 2013|
|Keyword(s)||Data Envelopment Analysis, efficiency, Wikipedia|
|Article||BASE, CiteSeerX, Google Scholar|
|Web||Ask, Bing, Google (PDF), Yahoo!|
|Download and mirrors|
|Local copy||Not available|
|Export and share|
|BibTeX, CSV, RDF, JSON|
|Browse properties · List of conference papers|
Concerns have been raised about the decreased ability of Wikipedia to recruit editors and in to harness the effort of contributors to create new articles and imp
This publication has 22 references. Only those references related to wikis are included here:
- "Comparison of Wikipedia and other encyclopedias for accuracy, breadth, and depth in historical articles"
- "Don’t look now, but we’ve created a bureaucracy: the nature and roles of policies and rules in Wikipedia"
- "Explaining quality in internet collective goods: Zealots and good samaritans in the case of wikipedia" (create it!)
- "Issues of cross-contextual information quality evaluation–the case of arabic, english, and korean wikipedias" (create it!)
- "Membership turnover and collaboration success in online communities: Explaining rises and falls from grace in wikipedia" (create it!)
- "Power of the few vs. wisdom of the crowd: Wikipedia and the rise of the bourgeoisie" (create it!)
- "Wikipedia as participatory journalism: Reliable sources? metrics for evaluating collaborative media as a news resource"
- "Wikipedia Survey – Overview of Results" (create it!)
Cited byThis publication has 1 citations. Only those publications available in WikiPapers are shown here: